Program Educational Objectives
- PEO1: Apply theories and principles of physics, electronics and optics to inculcate advanced knowledge in photonics.
- PEO2: Demonstrate essential laboratory skills in general physics, electronics and advanced optics by designing experiments, carrying out measurements and analyzing acquired data.
- PEO3: Provide research support and professional consultancy to industry and research organizations in photonics related fields.
- PEO4: Excel in inter and multi disciplinary research and equip to be a life-long learner.
- PEO5: Inculcate ethical values in academic and professional career.
- PEO6: Develop socially responsible and value based leadership qualities in the professional and personal life.
- PO1: Acquire sufficient knowledge in the areas of mechanics, electronics, electrodynamics, quantum mechanics, statistical mechanics, optics, and laser physics.
- PO2: Enhance knowledge in sub-domains of photonics through specific courses.
- PO3: Foster skills in communication, presentation and scientific writing.
- PO4: Develop proficiency in experimentation, data acquisition and interpretation in advanced topics of physics and optics.
- PO5: Attain knowledge in modelling and simulations using scientific software packages.
- PO6: Execute minor and major projects in advanced topics of photonics to acquire expertise in problem solving skills.
- PO7: Familiarise with modern equipment and complex tools employed in photonics research.
- PO8: Address the societal needs through outreach programmes and extension activities.
|International School of Photonics Faculty of Technology Ph:0484 – 2862411, 2575848|
|Programme Name||Eligibility Criteria for Admission||Duration||Nature of Programme|| Professional/Non-
|M. Sc.(Five Year Integrated) in Photonics||Pass in Plus Two examination of the State of Kerala with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as optional subject or any other examination accepted as equivalent thereto securing a minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics and 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together.||10 Sem.||Full-time||Professional||20|
Admission is based on Common Admission Test(CAT) conducted by the Directorate of Admissions, CUSAT. The test(Test 101) comprises of 250 objective type multiple choice questions based on Plus Two syllabus. Of this, 125 questions will be from Mathematics and 125 questions will be from Physics and Chemistry with physics to chemistry ratio maintained at 3:2. The duration of the test will be three hours.
The Fee Schedule is based on revised rates
|Sl. No.||Name of Programme||Rates of Fees||PTA||Caution Deposit||Total*|
|Tuition fees||Other fees||Lab/Computer/
|1||M.Sc. (Five Year Integrated) in Photonics||19155||2730||1925||1285||25095|
* Note : Fees for first semester only