The M.Tech. (Opto Electronics and Laser Technology) Programme of International School of Photonics is approved by AICTE. The extension of approval for the current academic year is given below.
Program Educational Objectives
- PEO1: Become trained Scientists and Engineers to meet the growing demand for skilled professionals in the field of Laser Technology and Optoelectronics.
- PEO2: Apply the knowledge acquired in science and technology of Lasers and Optoelectronics in academia and industry.
- PEO3: Design experiments and assemble standard optical tools for optical experimentation and develop novel products and solutions for advanced optical and optoelectronics applications.
- PEO4: Excel in inter and multi disciplinary research and equip to be a life-long learner.
- PEO5: Inculcate ethical values in academic and professional career.
- PEO6: Develop socially responsible and value based leadership qualities in the professional and personal life.
- PO1: Acquire knowledge in the principles of light-matter interactions and photonics related areas of physics.
- PO2: Enhance knowledge in sub-domains of laser physics, fibre optics, optoelectronics and optical communications through specific courses.
- PO3: Develop proficiency in experimentation, data acquisition and interpretation in advanced topics of laser technology and optical communication technology.
- PO4: Execute major project in advanced topics of photonics to acquire skills in solving complex problems.
- PO5: Familiarise with modern equipment and complex tools employed in photonics and optoelectronics.
- PO6: Foster skills in processing scientific data and its presentation.
- PO7: Address the societal needs through outreach programmes and extension activities.
|International School of Photonics Faculty of Technology Ph:0484 – 2862411, 2575848|
|Programme Name||Eligibility Criteria for Admission||Duration||Nature of Programme||Professional/Non-
|M. Tech. Opto-Electronics and Laser Technology||i) Master’s degree in Physics / Electronics/Photonics or B.Tech /B.E Degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering / Electronics Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Electrical & Electronics with a first class (60%) from any recognized University or institution) ii) A valid GATE score (in the concerned branch of study) iii) If sufficient numbers of candidate with GATE score in the concerned branch of study are not available, candidates with GATE score in Instrumentation will be considered. If sufficient numbers of GATE score holders are not available a pass in DAT is sufficient.||2 years.||Regular-Day||Professional||18|
Sponsorship certificate from relevant authority in original should be produced at the time of DAT/Interview/ counselling/admission.
Schedule of Fees
|Sl. No.||Name of Programme||Rates of Fees||PTA||Caution Deposit||Total|
|Tuition fees||Other fees||Lab/Computer||Library|
|1||M.Tech.Opto-Electronics & Laser Technology||12600||2225||1050||525||525||16925|
Visit Directorate of Admissions,CUSAT for more details regarding admissions
Visit to University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Three students from the M.Tech. (OE and LT) progamme are selected every year to do their two-semester dissertation work at University of Gothenburg, Sweden under the Erasmus Plus Student and Faculty Exchange agreement with International School of Photonics. Currently 6 students from 2019-21 and 2020-22 are at University of Gothenburg under this agreement.